To achieve maximum Bitcoin privacy, Poof generates new bitcoin and cryptocurrency addresses every time funds are received. Each BTC public address your wallet generates comes from your wallet's xPub (Extended Public Key).
1. Poof does not need your private keys
2. Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency payments go directly to your wallet
3. New addresses enhance your privacy.
Poof also supports yPub and zPub formats and convert them to xPub format.
Ledger's hardware wallet does not allow you to customize the limit that they track, making it not a recommended way to track or accept Bitcoin payments. To prevent performance issues, Ledger limits the amount (20 max) of addresses without balance that they track on the Ledger for the time being. While Ledger does not give you customization of address GAP-Limits, Poof can still generate payments sent directly to your wallet with Ledger.
Here's how you can Find the xPub on Ledger Live's Wallet:
1. Go to the account to get the xpub for and click on the wrench icon
2. Expand the Advanced logs in the Edit account window that appears. There you can copy the xpub which looks like a long alphanumeric string beginning with xpub...
3. Copy Paste that string of Text into Poof
Poof will automatically process Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency payments for you without the need for your private keys.
You can call Poof Support if you have any further questions.
Bitcoin payments will go directly into your wallet with your generated xPub addresses.